HP Envy 5055 Ink Cartridge
The HP Envy 5055 ink cartridge plays an important role in printing documents and photos. The ink cartridge receives signal from the printer and produces heat to get the ink flow out of the cartridge. This ink is later deposited on the paper to produce digital photos and crispy documents. Always use original HP 5055 ink cartridges in order to avoid damage to the HP printer. Before installing it in the printer, check the compatibility. The compatible ink cartridges of this HP printer are HP 65 Black, HP 65XL Black, HP 65 Tri-Color, and HP 65XL Tri-Color.
HOW TO PRINT FROM HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER
HP ENVY 5055 Ink replacement can be done by following the steps given below.
- Replace the ink cartridges when the ink becomes low or empty.
- Purchase the original HP Envy 5055 Ink refill from the manufacturer.
- Enroll your HP printer to the HP Instant Ink program to order instant ink cartridges.
- Switch on the printer and load the paper into the input tray.
- Hold lift the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridge access door to open it.
- The carriage automatically moves to the left of the printer.
- Lift the top cover and then pull the ink cartridge to remove it.
- Open the new ink cartridge from the package and hold it on either sides.
- Remove the tape and insert it into the slot.
- Close the ink cartridge lid to secure it.
- Pull the output tray and then lift the tray extender. Wait until the printer prints an alignment page.
- Place the paper on the scanner glass and wait till the printer aligns the ink cartridges.
HP Envy 5055 error with instant ink cartridge
The HP Envy 5055 error with instant ink cartridges can be resolved by the steps described below.
- Check the computer screen for an error message.
- Check the printer’s control panel for the alarm light that blinks continuously.
- Ensure that the installed ink cartridges are compatible with the printer.
- Purchase the replacement ink cartridges from the HP Store.
- Check whether you have installed the ink cartridges correctly into the slot.
- Open the input tray and then the cartridge access door.The carriage automatically moves to the center.
- Press the ink cartridge and then pull to remove it. Check the ink cartridge for any tape and remove it.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge and press it slightly. Try to clean the printhead if the problem still remains unresolved. Replace the instant ink cartridges or service the printer.
Instant Ink not recognizing a replacement cartridge sent for a bad cartridge
The instant ink not recognizing type of error can be caused due to improper HP Envy 5055 ink replacement of the ink cartridges.
- Check whether you have installed all the Instant Ink cartridges.
- You can’t use other HP Envy 5055 ink cartridges in the printer.
- Install all the original Ink cartridges if not, install all the HP Instant Ink cartridges.
- The printer may not recognize ink cartridges when it is mixed together.
- Check whether you have subscribed for HP Instant Ink program.
- Have an eye on your Instant Ink and check the notifications for subscriptions.
- The printer won’t recognize even if the subscription expires.
- The HP Instant Inks are not available for free if it expires.
- You can discontinue the Instant Ink Service if you don’t wish to.
- Remove the Instant Ink service of the printer after you discontinue and return it to HP.
- Purchase the regular ink from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the cartridge slot.
HP Envy 5055 Waiting for Ink Choice
Sometimes printers delay identifying the ink cartridges that are installed on the printer. Check the list below whether you meet all the requirements.
- The printer stops printing and waits for the ink choice.
- Check whether you have enrolled your printer to Instant Ink cartridge service.
- Open the output tray and then the cartridge access door.
- Check whether you have installed the setup cartridges or the Instant Ink cartridges.
- Check whether you have performed any troubleshooting steps previously.
- Select “NO HP Instant Ink” if you are sure that you have installed the setup ink cartridges.
- Sign up for Instant Ink service before you install the cartridges. Subscribe for Instant Ink if you want to replace all ink cartridges.
- Install HP Instant Ink cartridges once the setup cartridges are depleted.
- You can also cancel the subscription and then install the regular ink cartridges.
- Purchase the regular HP ink cartridges from the manufacturer’s website or nearby retailers.
- Turn off the printer and wait for a while. Restart it after a few seconds to check if the issue persists.
HP Envy 5055 cartridge won’t move
The HP Envy 5055 cartridge won’t move due to various reasons. Refer to the instructions given below to solve the issue.
- Turn on the printer and open the output tray.
- Grasp the latch and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- The ink cartridge moves to the left of the printer by itself.
- Wait until the printer becomes silent and idle.
- Try to move the ink cartridge to check whether it moves freely between the edges.
- Check the cartridge’s carriage whether it has a jammed paper inside.
- Check the paper roller for any paper jams inside the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper using both hands.
- Clean the cartridge roller if you find any dust on it.
- Check whether you have inserted the ink cartridges correctly into the slots.
- Remove the ink cartridge, and then replace them into the slots.
- Close the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridge access door and the output tray.