HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup
How to Connect HP Envy 5055 to Wireless Network
The HP Envy 5055 wireless setup instructions for Windows and Mac computers are given below. Keep the printer ready for installation before you intend to connect it wirelessly. Also, keep the network name and password ready; check if the computer, printer, and router are switched on. Check if the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable. If so, remove it from the printer immediately. Take the printer and keep it beside the computer and within range of the router.
HP Envy 5055 wireless setup for windows
Follow the instructions to set up the printer on a wireless connection.
- After the printer is prepared for the installation, use the WPS method to establish the wireless connection for your printer.
- This is the easiest way to set up the printer on a wireless network, if the wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- This method needs a WPS-enabled wireless router to establish the connection to the printer.
- Locate the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Press and hold the button for two seconds.
- Check if the wireless light is blinking.
- Release the button if it blinks.
- Wait for few minutes.
- The printer establishes the network connection.
- Install the printer software and complete HP Envy 5055 wireless setup.
- For assistance, call the Toll-Free number.
123 hp envy 5055 wireless setup for mac
The complete instructions on establishing the HP Envy 5055 wireless setup for Mac computer is given below.
- After preparing the printer for installation, connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Complete the wireless setup using the standard connection method.
- Connect one end of the USB wire to the computer and the other end to the printer.
- Click Applications -> System Preferences -> Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Click Open Print Queue -> HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup.
- Click Utility -> Open Printer Utility -> EWS Browser tab -> EWS Browser.
- Click Networking -> Wireless and enable the wireless radio button.
- Click Join an existing wireless network -> Network SSID. Click WEP on the Security Mode pop-up menu.
- Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key and click Apply -> Ok.
- Select your printer name and disconnect the USB cable.
- Tap HP LaserJet Professional M1218 MFP Series -> HP Setup Assistant -> Continue.
- Click Network -> HP Envy 5055 Printer-> Continue. Finally install the printer with AirPrint to complete the HP envy 5055 wireless setup.
How do I connect my printer to the internet using my i-phone hot spot
You can share the mobile device’s data connection of your iPhone or iPad with another device using Personal Hotspot accessible under settings.
- First, check if the Personal Hotspot is turned on.
- To check that, go to the Settings and click Personal Hotspot.
- If it is not found or is difficult to turn on Personal Hotspot, follow the steps below.
- Check whether your wireless carrier has enabled it.
- Also make sure that your wireless plan supports it.
- Restart the iPhone or iPad device.
- This device enables Personal Hotspot.
- Check if the iOS has a latest version to be updated.
- Go to Settings on the iPhone or iPad and click General -> Reset.
- Select the Reset Network Settings option.
- Your printer can be connected to the internet using iPhone now.
- For help, call the Toll-Free number.
HP Envy 5055 will not connect to wireless
Sometimes your printer may not connect to wireless connection. There may be various reasons for this issue. Follow these solutions to resolve the issue.
- Restart the computer, HP Envy 5055 wireless setup router, and printer. Check if doing this resolves the issue.
- If the error persists, check if your printer is connected to the network.
- A Wireless Network Test report needs to be printed to verify the network connection status.
- In certain printers, touching the wireless icon will print the test report.
- Check if the Connectivity area is denoting PASS in the report.
- If it does not denote PASS, then the printer is not connected to the network.
- Make sure the router is working properly.
- Try connecting your printer to the network again.
- Refer to the messages on top of the report to resolve the problem.
- Check if the network name (SSID) matches your network name in the current network configuration.
- Check if any security software is installed or updated as this might block communication.
- If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, call the Toll-Free number.
Invalid Password when installing ENVY 5055 from Ipad
When you try to connect your printer to an iPad, it prompts for a password. But when you input the password, it might display Invalid password.
- After activating HP Envy 5055 Wi-Fi Direct, you can print the documents and photos securely.
- The documents and photos can be printed from Wi-Fi capable computers.
- It can also be printed from mobile devices.
- This technology is very much similar to that of bluetooth.
- If it prompts for Wi-Fi Direct password, try 12345678 or print network configuration page. Select the HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup option on the control panel This will display the network status screen.
- To print the network configuration page, select Print info.
- Search for Wi-Fi Direct password.
- For help, dial the Toll-Free number.