hp envy 5055 setup
The hp envy 5055 setup process is necessary to initialize the basic settings of the printer and carry out various printer functions. It is same for almost all the envy printers. The hp envy 5055 setup is done to operate printer and access its entire functionality. Refer to the printer’s user guide for instructions on how to set it up. Click on 123.hp.com/setup 5055 for a detailed procedure about various processes that a user may perform with the printer 123.hp.com/envy5055.
how to setup hp envy 5055 printer
The hp envy 5055 setup process involves unboxing, loading papers, ink cartridges installation, and establishing a power connection.
- Open the box. The user manual guides you through the various functions of the printer.
- The CD to install the driver is given in the printer package.
- Take the printer from the box.
- Remove the tapes on the printer and set them aside for recycling.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and remove all the packing materials present on it. Close the cartridge access door.
- Open the input tray and remove the tape present on it.
- A power cord is provided, connect one end of it at the rear of the printer 123.hp.com/envy5055 and other to the power outlet.
- Set your desired preferences on the printer’s control panel screen.
- Touch your preferred language and select the name of your country/region. Tap Yes to confirm your choice.
- Tap Yes to confirm your choice.
- A Welcome screen displays on the printer’s control panel, install the ink cartridges and load plain papers in the main input tray.
- Align the ink cartridges and complete the 123.hp.com/setup 5055 install process.
HP Envy 5055 Printer Set up Stuck
The setup may process get stuck at a certain point during the installation process. Check for any hidden error messages as it can stop the setup process.
- Check the functionality of your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
- If any error message displays on the installation window, click OK to continue the installation process.
- For wired connection, disconnect the USB cable.
- Uninstall the previously installed software on your computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and restart the computer.
- Switch OFF the Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) programs temporarily.
- Clear temporary files and folders using the Disk Cleanup Utility to free hard disk space on the computer.
- Disable any temporarily enabled firewall since it can prevent the software from being installed.
- Download the driver from our website.
- Turn ON the TSR programs and enable the HP Envy 5055 setup software.
- Check if the error is resolved.
- If not, contact our support team. They provide chat as well as voice support.
Set-up page on computer is still showing my old printer don’t see a way to put in this new printer
Even if you connect the new printer to your computer device, only the name of the previously connected printer gets displayed on the setup screen. Open the Devices and Printer option in Windows. Select the name of your printer 123.hp.com/envy5055 and choose Remove. Connect the printer to the computer using wired or wireless connectivity and check if the new printer name is displayed on the computer’s screen.
Issue with printing emails?
Ensure that the internet connection is active while sending the email. Make sure that the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
HP Envy 5055 Printer Reset
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the slot.
- Turn ON the printer. Wait until the printer is silent before you proceed.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Detatch the power cord from the power outlet.
- Turn OFF your PC or laptop.
- Reconnect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer 123.hp.com/envy5055. Connect the other end of it to the power outlet.
- Open the cartridge access door and reinsert the ink cartridges.
- Long press the Wireless and Cancel button on the printer’s control panel simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- Release the buttons to restore the original network settings on the printer.
Uninstall the HP Envy 5055 printer Driver from Root level
- The printer cannot carry print functions if the drivers are outdated.
- To uninstall the driver, click Start and search for Devices and Printers.
- Click the Devices and Printers option from the results.
- Right-click the name of your printer and click the Remove Device option.
- Click the Printer Server Properties button and open the Drivers tab.
- Select the appropriate driver and click the Remove option.
- When prompted, check the Remove Driver and Driver Package option and click OK.
- Ensure that the printer 123.hp.com/envy5055 driver is uninstalled.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5055.
- For details regarding the driver installation process, contact our technical support team.